Wednesday 10 June 2009

Obtaining sympathy under false pretences?

Good morning campers!

After all the build-up of yesterday, I'm not now starting chemo until tomorrow. They forgot to include the main anti-sickness drug in the prescription, and won't start without it (neither will I, come to that). Still, your best wishes aren't wasted, as I'll just save them for tomorrow.

Instead I'll tell you about a mobility aid which every home should have - a shower seat! What unimaginable luxury it is to sit directly under the water, with no fear of slipping on the dreaded soap. The only downside is that it takes longer to shower because it's hard to tear oneself away from such a warm and comfortable spot! It occurred to me that you don't need crutches or a wheelchair to justify the use of such an item - merely a hedonist streak. Go on - spoil yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. This might make you smile, it did me. Simon's biker friends are accompanying him into Dalwood tomorrow in a convoy. Alastair the vicar came to see us again this morning and he is not going to be left out, he is coming with the convoy on his motor bike. Have you ever met a Vicar like that. He is marvellous.
    A seat in the shower- whatever next?????
    Think of us tomorrow. We will be thinking of you (remember you are my 4th son)
    love Bren x

    ReplyDelete