Friday 19 June 2009

Day eight - survived!


Well, here I am back from the brink of self-destruction (aka rebuilding Windows). It went reasonably well, but then I have done it a few times:-).

I also feel quite a lot better myself, as the chemo side-effects start to reduce. In summary, yesterday lunchtime was a real pain low-point - you know, the unmanly moist eyes stuff - but from then on the swelling started to diffuse, and so the discomfort eased. We managed to go out into the garden in the evening, during which I managed to dispense some horticultural advice; "is that a weed, there, darling?"; "why are you throwing that flower pot in my direction, beloved?". You get the idea. Anyway, as proof of my presence there I took a picture of the rose arch from the compost bin side - hence the arch!

Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of us moving the two tons of logs which arrived this afternoon, so you'll just have to take my word for it that Chris is stronger than she looks!

3 comments:

  1. What a busy day and you forgot to mention that once again you came to my aid by visiting my laptop (in person).
    Bren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture - very pretty. Glad you are through this one and feeling better.

    J xxx

    ReplyDelete