Monday 8 June 2009

Have you seen 'An Inconvenient Truth'?

This is a TV program which I recorded not long ago featuring Al Gore talking about global warming. Quite frankly it is both riveting and truly scary. I've spent a couple of days working out how to get a copy off my Freesat box onto my PC so that I can burn a DVD. Having finally achieved this, if anyone would like a copy please drop me an email. I thoroughly recommend both the content and the presentation.

It's off to Bristol for us tomorrow for blood tests and a meeting with the consultant before chemo on Wednesday. It's not my favourite past-time as I never know what news to expect. Still, it has to be done.

TTFN

PS If anyone reading has lost an Enya CD which was in a PC I fixed recently could you please let me know - anonymity guaranteed!

3 comments:

  1. An Enya CD ???? Not mine, I would prefer Beethoven !!!!
    Good luck today. Will be thinking of you.
    I still say that you will have to take up knitting soon when you have run out of ideas such as Al Gore etc. I would be interested in seeing that at sometime.
    love Bren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all went well today! Re burning DVD's. Tut Tut George - copyright?! Put me down for one please.

    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. H,

    I have a policy of not violating ownership generally, and thought about this quitecarefully before posting. I feel comfortable doing this for the fllowing reasons:

    1 AG wants to get the message out by any means possible, and this helps.

    2 It is accepted practice to record TV programs and lend them to people.

    3 The BBC does apply copyright protection to HD content, and could do the same for SD, but does not. It can therefore be assumed that they do not object.

    4 I've checked his blog for contact details, but can as yet find none. If I could, I would ask for permission, albeit retrospective.

    That said, I have just found that I can buy the DVD from Amazon for £4.99. I've ordered it and you are welcome to borrow it. However, should your scruples not permit this I will quite understand...!

    ReplyDelete