Thursday 18 June 2009

In times of stress...!

Hi everyone,

Yesterday and today have proved to be pretty much on forecast - tired and very sore. So, I'm going to do what all geeks do at times of severe pressure - rebuild my PC - more specifically, re-install Windows. However bad one feels, doing this is the quickest way to remind one that there are worse things around than one has already! In two days or so, when I re-emerge with a quicker, cleaner laptop than I started with, my new bete-noire will be $icrosoft. In the meantime, you really don't want to hear reports of events chez Honeysuckle.

For those of you (none) who really want to know, I've already junked Vista and have been using its early release replacement, currently designated Windows 7. It is quicker, cleaner, and easier to use despite not being due for release until October. I don't recommend that you all do the same however, because I don't want to spend all day and night supporting you all in the process!

On the subject of online shopping, which I wrote about recently, I should point out that by going to the Waitrose site via http://www.hotukdeals.co.uk/ you save £5 off your first shop, £10 off the second, and £15 of the third. This will of course not interest those of my friends who only shop at Harrods (Mrs B!)

1 comment:

  1. great tip re waitrose...many thanx.

    enjoy the rebuild (???)...oh..and i for one decline to accept your description of yourself as a "geek"....i much prefer "expert".

    every best
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete