Friday 5 June 2009

Musical Vicars, Relaxation, and Fish and Chips

Sorry not to have written anything for a couple of days - I offered to rebuild Windows on a local vicar's PC. I've never met anyone with over 70 days' continuous music! I've no idea how much it's worth but I'm not about to lose this collection, so it has been carefully backed up. Anyway, the job was almost done by this evening so we ventured out to Lyme Regis for fish & chips a la wheelchair. There's a lot to be said for a soft seat and a cushion rather than sitting on the new concrete front!

I did take some time out this morning for my second hypnotherapy session. The focus of this one was a self-hypnosis technique. I have to practice this two or three times a day for the coming week. Next week we will be practising a pain control method - that can't come soon enough for me!

We had confirmation today that round 2 of chemotherapy will take place Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week. If things follow the same pattern as last time, 'side-effect week' will start the following Sunday, and 'avoid infections week' will follow the week after. Ho hum.

4 comments:

  1. I am not telling John about fish and chips in a comfy wheelchair - he may expect me to do the same for him.
    You only had the vicar's music on his PC, I had him sing some hymns when we were deciding what we wanted for Simon.
    Hope the self-hypnosis works, if I meet you one day in a trance I will know that it has!!!
    love Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bren,

    How will you know whether it's the hypnosis, the morphine. or just my normal half-conscious state?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...70 days, eh...would've thought 40 was clearly enough for a vicar.

    every best
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete
  4. in my defenct, 70 days was due to my misfiling of various things and lots of repeats...

    With a bit of editing, and thanks to your whizzy skills George, I have only 44 days of music - or rather of sound files, there are a number of talks and audiobooks and podcasts mixed into that lot...

    ReplyDelete