Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 1 of chemo round 2

Today was the long day - about eight hours of infusions. A lot of this is saline solution to ensure that the two drugs involved are flushed out of the system before they cause damage to the kidneys. Apparently mine co-operated well, judging by the measured amount I collected throughout the day.

As of this evening, the side-effects are minimal - just a tendency to fall asleep in the middle of a sentence! They usually start in earnest around day three, so hopefully I'll make it to church on Sunday morning, and then sleep for the rest of the day (if round 1 was anything to go by).

I now have another five drugs to take in addition to the eight I'm already taking for pain control et al. You won't be surprised to hear that this involves a second page on my spreadsheet!

I'm afraid I haven't got much to report about the rest of the day - it has largely been dedicated to researching a couple of technical issues that interest me - but almost certainly won't excite you all in the slightest. However, if anyone does want to know about running Ubuntu under Windows 7, or mapping wireless network adapters to a virtual machine under XP, just drop me an email...

1 comment:

  1. You should do what most people do George and do the sleeping during Church :-)

    ReplyDelete