Monday 22 June 2009

Big Brother IS watching you!

It has been a bit of a slow news day today, so I thought I'd let you know what Big Brother (AKA Google) knows about you - the visitors to my blog. These are statistics which can be collected for any website, not just my blog.

Since the blog started on 11th June there have been:

  • 228 visits
  • each person spent an average of 2 minutes 27 seconds on it
  • there have been 110 unique visitors
  • people are using five different browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera)
  • Of the 228 visits, 118 have used US English as the default language, and 100 have used UK English
  • Given that 210 out of 228 visits originated in the UK, this strongly suggests that several of you have your language defaults set to the wrong type of English!
  • Of the 20 people running Skype with webcams plugged in, at least one of you needs to put on a little more before reading the blog!
I could go into much more detail, but I suspect it would only worry you more than you are already!

PC maintenance

My email has been very silent today, so presumably all of you are very confident about your PC's future reliability. I'm relieved about this, as I can spend time in various restaurants and pubs instead!

1 comment:

  1. OK, comment going in the right place this time! I'm using Slimbrowser, which one am I?!!

    ReplyDelete