Saturday 20 June 2009

Trances, Flowers, festivals, and invalid buggies

It's been a busy twenty-four hours since I last posted, but that reflects the improved situation so is a good thing.

I left off the hypnotherapy appointment from yesterday's post - too much excitement isn't good for you all. I had to admit that my homework had suffered last week as the pain and medication had rather got in the way - which is why I'm doing the hypnotherapy in the first place. We've agreed to concentrate the learning in the next two good weeks, in the hope that I'll be good enough to apply the skills if and when the next chemo session happens. No pressure, then...

We were planning to pop in to the Axe Valley Festival today if I felt up to it, but it was proving difficult to pin down a time when we would go. Often, when this happens, the day somehow passes and the plan never materialises. All became clearer when the doorbell rang and a delivery arrived for Father's Day, complete with chocolates (being saved for when taste buds recover) and a beautiful flower basket, ordered by youngest son and his lady whilst he was in Vienna earlier this week. What is happening to me? More moist eye moments...


We were then free to visit the Festival, which was a much drier event than last year. We passed a pleasant couple of hours, partly due to hiring an invalid buggy a la Sue Giles (but without a lid). To be honest, even the Kath Kidston shopping bag in the front basket could do nothing to futher undermine my image, so complete was the transformation. Still, I could get around in relative ease and comfort, and receive not a few comments suggesting that I was the lucky one! If they only knew... Alas, despite taking the camera we forgot to take a picture, so you'll just have to use your imaginations, or ask Owain and Alison, whom we encountered near the beer tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment