Tuesday 15 September 2009

Tuesday: all over bar the sleeping!

It's Tuesday lunchtime and I'm back home already. The surgeon didn't manage to remove all the lumps on my scalp, for the reason that it would have created too much tension and there would have been a risk of stitches tearing. Instead, he opted to take out those lesions which were probably the biggest stumbling block to fitting the Gamma Knife cradle. Of course he was having to guess as until they do the scan he couldn't be cure which ones these are.

I had planned to attach a couple of photos showing the surgeon's handiwork, but to be honest there's not much to see; I look as if I've gone a couple of rounds with Joe Bugner. I've fallen asleep at least three times, just in typing the last two two paragraphs, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Sleep well bro! Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi george!!
    Im so glad you had a great birthday today! doesnt sound like you had much fun though,try and sleep with the happy thoughts of your birthday weekend!
    im sure you will wake up smileing!!
    Thinking of you
    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle,

    Having the birthday celebration just before the operation helped me to forget the forthcoming operation, so it worked really well. Thanks for the happy thoughts and advice - you do make me smile, and that's worth a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. joe bugner ?? nahh..he couldnt punch for toffee...now if it had been our 'enry then that would be sumfing to look at!

    thoughts as always
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete
  5. G,

    Thanks for the separate letter and donation. As for Bugner, he may be a bit lightweight to you but I don't have your brute strength to resist all comers:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. surely you mean "Brut" strength ??

    ebw
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete