Friday 25 September 2009

Friday 25th update

After a couple days adjusting medication and observing results it has been decided that I should come home from tomorrow morning until Sunday afternoon. I will have a CT scan in Exeter, and this will be compared with the one sent down from Bristol. If, as seems probable, the recent poorliness, is due to pressure on my brain from a tumour or tumours, the plan will be to set a level of medication to keep me stable and send me home.

The plan further on will be to visit the Cromwell in London for a MRI scan to assess whether Gamma Knife treatment is still appropriate. It is difficult to self-assess one's mental state, but I do know that my own typing and interpretation skills have substantially slowed down; witness the fact that it has taken me over an hour to complete the above text; going any faster merely results in many more typing errors. It is therefore difficult to give any prognosis about time or condition. One can but hope that my condition will improve with the love and prayers of those whom I know are supporting me. My communication skills are amongst those most precious to me, so long may they last!

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that George. Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting George.
    Our love and best wishes.
    Bren xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend George and best wishes for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello George!
    I am missing Your Updates,but take it you are saving your energy for the coming week .
    Love And Hugs !!!
    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete