Tuesday 29 September 2009

Tuesday 29th: Home Free!

Much to my surprise I was allowed home this morning. We told during the doctor's round that the the Exeter CT report had been completed, and it showed approximately four lesions in my brain. Given that we have been told varying numbers from 5, to 6 , to 8, I'm beginning to wonder either about the technology involved or, possibly about the arithmetical skills of the people involved:-) Seriously though, it is possible that whole brain radiotherapy has reduced the number of tumours involved, or that the interpretation of the results is indeed a subjective opinion.

The plan now is to ask Bristol for a digital copy of past MRI and CT scans and to give these to the Exeter oncologist to whom I have been referred on Friday at 1100. What seems to have happened is that adjusting my medication, specifically steroids, has had the effect of stabilising some brain swelling which may have caused my past symptoms of nausea and instability. I continue to feel very tired and unable to concentrate but I doubt you will notice much difference in my day to day behaviour!

It goes without saying that a big thank you goes to everyone at the hospice and to everyone involved in the movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment