Wednesday 9 September 2009

Busy, busy

Medical update

As predicted, today turned out to be busier than of late. I duly went down to the hospice to have the infusion, and got into a major review of medication which led to upping some pain-killers, adding anti-biotics to counter a possible infection, and drawing lines on my leg and taking photos to mark the possible march of a red line up the aforesaid limb! We then hared back to Axminster where I had a leg x-ray to check for potential instability as a cause of the increased pain. I will say that the doctors at the hospice are nothing if not thorough! They also seem to share my scepticism about the advisability of amputation, and feel that they have lots more to offer in their chemical arsenal before we resort to the saw and knife. I know who I'm backing!

Anyway, it's the big day tomorrow (well, the day before the big day). Alex, the eldest and Jo arrived back safely from Vietnam in the last twenty-four hours and so are on schedule to join us for dinner at the hotel. Let's hope they are awake!

That's all for now. I need a good early night tonight!

2 comments:

  1. phew..that's quite a heavy diary youve had there....def deserve your birthday treat...hope you have a fab time.

    every best
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your birthday celebration is going really well. I look forward to hearing the boys' news.

    Love Jan x

    ReplyDelete