Sunday 27 September 2009

Sunday evening: home for a weekend: now back in the hospice

Rarely has a weekend passed so quickly: on Saturday morning Christine collected me from the hospice, PC bag, books and in hand. We had had a roast dinner with wine; by tea-time on Sunday I was back at the hospice (Danielle: wiki hospice) with the same paraphernalia under my arm.

In the mean-time we had gone home; visited Church where I had my favourite hymn (Psalm 23) sung in my honour; had a visit from a neighbour; and got back to the hospice by 1730.

On another note, a friend recently commented that Christine rarely rates a mention in this blog: I'd like to emphasise that this is at her own request. She feels that this is a description of my journey and that she does not want to influence its direction. Having said that, I'm extremely grateful for the prompt to mention her, because without her I doubt that I could make the journey at all, or that it would be a completely different journey altogether. The love, patience, support and outright courage that she brings to each new challenge that we face is just a wonder to behold and I cannot possible thank her enough for all that she does. I hope she knows, in fact I'm sure she knows that I love her as much as possible, and then some more.

2 comments:

  1. Hi George !
    Glad To See You Have An Appertite !
    we too would of had a roast had mum of rememberd to take the chicken out of the deapfreeze,Doesnt matter we still had something nice!
    I didnt explain myself correctly when i last wrote,I do know what a hospice is ,what i should of asked was does it feel like a hospital?

    Love And Hugs !!

    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,

    A hospice is much more relaxed than a hospital as there's as there are far more staff per patient. That makes it an altogether cheerier place to be.

    ReplyDelete