Thursday 17 September 2009

A trip to Lyme and a flat tyre:-(

I woke this morning expecting to feel somewhat more recovered than yesterday, whereas in fact my face is more swollen than yesterday, and I feel rather more limp. Still, not to be deterred, I suggested a trip to Lyme Regis for a customary ice cream on the Cobb. We had had a rear wheel puncture repaired recently, and you can imagine my displeasure when a kind citizen tapped on the window and informed us that...

Even so, we connected up the tyre inflator and brought the tyre up to 2 bar, where, fortunately, it seemed to hold. So we probably have a slow puncture, and it can wait until Chris goes to Honiton tomorrow. I didn't relish the prospect of changing a wheel on crutches, or from my wheelchair!

I could write at some length about a particular fascinating technical problem I'm playing with, but even I realise that no-one out there will be in the slighted bit interested in how to install and run an email server on a home network; so I won't. I'll just save this bit of knowledge to feel smug about to myself.

1 comment:

  1. loved the steve wright cheeky quote....he is brilliant.

    best
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete