Monday 31 August 2009

Monday Bank Holiday - a little trip out


We went for a very lazy day today; getting up at around lunchtime (me, not Chris!); reading and generally 'going with the flow'; and then at 4pm deciding to take a trip to a tea-shop at Burton Bradstock. It's an easy and smooth half hour from home, with a navigable beach and beach path on which to stroll. It was a very pleasant and tiring walk, after which we refuelled with a Dorset cream tea and Darjeeling. Interestingly, it also serves freshly caught fish and crab of the day, both at lunch and dinner. I can see a very pleasant evening being spent there, suitably wrapped up warm.

I needed to wear my buff there today; the onshore breeze had an edge to it and I'm not as well-insulated as I was: hence the above picture!

Looking at the results of the Wikipedia poll, it seems to me that the key finding is that those who have heard of it but used it little could do some more of it and have some fun. I know at least a couple of folk who haven't been entirely open, in that I know you aren't from Earth, but didn't admit it:-) That does skew the results you know!

3 comments:

  1. It's a wet afternoon here and I was just reading about Hayley Westenra on Wiki, while listening to her pitch-perfect voice that gives me goose bumps! Not quite a cream tea at the beach, but lovely anyway...
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, you look like one of those channel swimmers just about to set off!!!
    Susy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susy! I hoped you might take me for a hunky lifeguard, but I suppose that's a bit of a stretch!

    ReplyDelete