Monday 10 August 2009

Update Monday 10th

A relaxed weekend

We passed a pleasant weekend, with a visit by Theo, our youngest, and his girlfriend Hayley. He is currently studying a foundation OU course and is doing very well. Hayley has joined Thames Valley Police and is part-way through her training. She loves it - "I didn't know you could get paid whilst having so much fun".

They were very accommodating about my constant sleeping, and Chris managed to sort out some very divergent dietary requirements - I have no idea how!

Medical update

It feels to me as though practically all my hair as come out now - judging by the shower filter! However Chris tells me I've still got more than most men my age. I'll wait until the end of the week before updating the photo, and you can all be the judges.

One slightly less welcome development, which is probably due to the R/T, is that my typing has become rather more erratic. The consultant believes it is probably due to swelling in the brain, and that it should be possible to relieve it with steroids. However there seems to be a conflict between the need to take it for this purposes and the need to take it for pain control in my leg. I've trying to co-ordinate views between the various parties to get this sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment