Saturday 29 August 2009

My 60th birthday

I know that some of you know that it's my 60th birthday on 11th September. Chris and I have talked about a party or drinks at the pub for friends in the village, but to be honest I would find it much too tiring. We have decided to limit celebrations to dinner for our sons and their girlfriends at a nice hotel near Bath (Lucknam Park. See http://www.lucknampark.co.uk/ ). It's on 10th September to fit in with Hayley's shift patterns and a couple of hospital appointments in Bristol.

I'm sure that you will all want me to have a great birthday, but I do want to emphasise that I really don't want or need any presents / bottles of wine / flowers. There really is nothing that I need. In fact, my biggest birthday wish is that sooner or later someone will come up with something to fight melanoma, which so far has proved a hugely difficult disease to treat. To this end, my family are using this website http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/group-giving/george-owen to donate money into a Cancer Research project on melanoma. If any of you really must buy me something, a few more pounds towards this vital goal would be much more welcome than a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment