Wednesday 25 November 2009

Wednesday 25th:a belated update

I am sorry not to have blogged for a while, but I haven't been too well for a few days. On Monday we had a pretty full day at the hospital, where I met my new consultant. We had a very full discussion about chemo, a lot of which I didn't follow! Basically there is an option which sometimes knocks the tumours back a bit, but it has very serious potential side effects for people with brain mets. It is also heavy duty chemo rather than the pills the previous Doctor talked about (which are not likely to be effective either). So I need to think about this chemo option, but it is difficult to focus on at the moment because I am feeling ill and the pain in my leg is bad again. It might be because we had a full day on Monday, but I actually missed yesterday, beyond having a vague idea that the Hospiscare nurse visited and said that I should just be allowed to sleep, and would feel better tomorrow (ie today)!

I do feel better today, and Alex visited which was nice, but I still feel pretty lousy and the involuntary jerks are annoying. They are trying an anti-convulsent for this, so fingers crossed.

That's about it. I'll keep you posted.


9 comments:

  1. Hi George.
    Glad you are feeling better today, even if only a little, and that you were able to see Alex.
    Just wanted to send you lots of love and tell you we are thinking of you.

    Jan and Josh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you George, and Christine. H

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right George we were looking for your blog as usual,these Chemo options are never an easy decision to make and like so many hi tec. med stuff I'm sure we are not meant to follow to closly.Like they say G. the cure is often worse than the dis-ease. But it does go away just like it came.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Goerge!
    We Have Missed You !
    Looks Like You Have Been Busy Though,Try And Find The Most Comfortable Place For Your Leg , And Get As Much Sleep As You Can.
    Thinking Of You
    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did miss you George as I look for uour blog every day. Sorry you have been feeling so lousy and have been putting up with so much. Keep up the fight. Love and prayers to both you and Chistine.
    Bren xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are not feeling too good george, thinking of u and christine sue and kev xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry things so grim George, I hope to see you soon..

    ReplyDelete
  8. as alastair said recently - well, sort of -
    "i second (the above) emulsion(s)"....

    thoughts as ever
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to hear from you, George, as ever. Heavy chemo sounds like a tough option:-( Are you trying the mega-vitamins that the London doctor recommended? Hope to see you again soon. Love, Hilary

    ReplyDelete