Sunday 8 November 2009

Remembrance Sunday

Our Hospiscare nurse Mary came on Friday, primarily with a view to correcting the fluid retention problem which seems to have developed as a side effect of the other medication. I now have to keep both legs elevated as much as possible. It has resulted in two more tablets to take each day! I have also acquired a very comfortable pair of slippers from Trinity House (a shop n Axminster); since shop was heaving on Saturday and the menswear department is upstairs the assistant came out to the car and we did the trial fitting in the square. Full marks to him for good service!
The consultant in Bristol is making enquiries about the suitability of low dose oral chemotherapy, and which consultant in Exeter would be responsible for arranging administration, which would hopefully be done at home.
We have also acquired more information about the clinical trial mentioned by Professor Dalgliesh; it now looks as if I may be ineligible on the basis of the number of brain metastases and possibly the presence of bone mets.
The physiotherapist came on Friday to review my mobility, and the the occupational therapist is coming on Monday to look at improving access to the shower. We will also see Mary from Hospiscare to check on overall medication yet again; it will be a busy week here yet again!

3 comments:

  1. Hi George
    Its been a long time since you posted whats happening ?
    Im thinking you must be somewhere that you need ur laptop and its still not working ?!
    We keep thinking of you and hopeing that the pain patches are doing there job by now stay strong!
    Big hugs
    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,

    I have just posted but didn't mention the pain. It's mostly under control thanks, but I do still get occasional spasms which catch me unawares. I think this happens when I use my leg for weight bearinng.

    Thanks for asking anyway:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle,

    Let me know what the MSN problem is please!

    ReplyDelete