Thursday 19 November 2009

Thursday evening: an update

Evening all; for those that have been wondering what I have been up to after my recent new treatment, the answer is sleeping practically all the time. They did say I might suffer from flu-like symptoms but made no mention of sleepiness. I'm also finding it difficult to concentrate, so Christine is typing this for me. And there was something else, but I forget what it is - oh yes, forgetfulness!

Yesterday we went to Otter Nurseries, as Hilary mentioned on Sunday that they had a lot of helpful disability aids. New toys include a clever stick to pick things up, a fluffy neck pillow, a magnifying glass and a special LED reading light. Should keep me happy.

The wheelchair technician came yesterday to fit the new leg rest, and says that the lightweight wheelchair should be here soon. A man from Social Services came to measure for a bigger shower step this morning, and the District Nurse popped in to change the dressing on my leg. We are truly grateful to have these wonderful organisations - it all works so well.

Theo is visiting today and tomorrow, and has moved heroic piles of logs into the house for us.


3 comments:

  1. Hi George And Christine!!
    Its So Nice To Read That You Have Been Out And About
    I Like The Sound Of The Fluffy Neck Pillow Cheerey Pink I Hope {joke!}
    Big hugs
    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,

    I'm beginning to think that the reason many people read my blog is so that they can read your comments! You may have to start one of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe Hi George !
    I Rely On You For The Material,So Keep Up The Good Work !!!
    Today Is A Good Day To Stay Indoors,Ofcourse Im Not Taking My Own Advise ;-) And I Am Going To Exeter On The Train With My Friends Christmas Shopping :-)....U Can Guess I Have A Book Of Rules 'Doos And Dont's ' Issued By Mum
    Speak Soon
    Danielle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete