Wednesday 14 October 2009

Wednesday: Home at last

We've made it home today in more or less one piece - that is if you discount me tripping over and wrenching my tumorous leg this afternoon. The pain is somewhat off the scale, even after a double dose of morphine, but here's hoping that it will settle down overnight.

Chris and I have been talking about what to say about my prognosis in the light of the gamma knife treatment. Naturally we asked my consultant (I seem to have graduated to a professor); his opinion this morning was that the tumours in my brain have reduced as a mortality risk, but that tumours elsewhere mean that the overall time scale may not have changed. In any event I have a follow-up appointment with him on December 9th which will involve a further MRI scan, and should enable us to check progress in my brain.

I'm told that I will feel exceptionally tired over the next few days, so apologies in advance if the blog goes quiet for a while. A bientot.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh! George you are so brave!
    I was bad enough when my dentist said she had to drill my tooth!
    That frame thing looks like something from the silence of the lambs (not that i have seen the film )but i have seen the cover did your headache? I hope the pain killers have kicked in and calmed all your pains and you have a good sleep Godbless
    Big hugs
    Danielle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keerist!!!Dont even want to know what the "Gamma Knife" looks like if thats its sidekick!!! Well done Christine and George, am back online as youve gathered
    Susy

    ReplyDelete