Monday 19 October 2009

Monday off!

Just in case you thought I was taking it too easy...we met our youngest in Taunton today and had lunch at Brazz, the brasserie in the Castle Hotel. Unfortunately the main restaurant isn't open on Mondays, so we had to make do with the brasserie. That, however, wasn't at all bad - we had chicken liver parfait, goat's cheese with grilled vegetables, and smoked salmon with mixed vegetables, followed by pasta with mushrooms, burger, and Greek salad. We didn't look at the wine list, but I've no doubt it was acceptable.

Tomorrow we are taking him back to Glastonbury where, I've no doubt, we will have a look around Clarks' Village and other sales emporia within half a day's driving distance. I'll let you know how I get on in my next post.

Since my sister was the only person prepared to comment on my last post, I assume that the rest of you are all too well bred to say what you think!

4 comments:

  1. I did mean to comment on your last blog. I wanted to ask if the tree fell in exactly the place you wanted it too, or if you had to duck out of the waya as it came towards you !!!!!
    Still enjoy reading your comments.
    love to you both, Bren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what are you saying about my breeding??? It's yours too remember! :0()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got a day away to chill! And I did comment on your last post, just a bit late that's all... but only to be expected, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As its now Thursday and you havent posted since Monday I am assuming you and your credit card are still recovering from Clarks Village! As for the tree, at least youre at ground level and not spending large amounts of time on the roof!
    Susy

    ReplyDelete