Saturday 31 October 2009

It's the weekend!

Yesterday we went to Sidmouth, ostensibly for a trip out, but of course we happened on a Waitrose where we shopped. The weather on the front at Sidmouth was nothing like it was at home - cold, very breezy, and truly bracing! I forgot to mention that I'd had my hair trimmed the day before, and my poor scalp took the full force of said weather.

Today held one other unpleasant surprise, in that my morphine patches were due for changing at tea-time. Unfortunately they ran out five hours early, which apparently can happen. I have often wondered what would happen if my pain relief ran out completely, and now I know. That will not be allowed to happen again. It was absolutely excruciating, but fortunately the replacement patches took very little time to kick in - about twenty minutes or so.

4 comments:

  1. **** !

    i can only attempt to imagine pain such as that.... must have been a very long 20 mins...awful..dreadful..my heart goes out to you - as always.

    but WELL DONE the pair of you in finding a way into waitrose thru that building site....i couldnt work it out it last monday. it looked clsoed to me.

    maybe they've re-opened since then or - much more likely - i gave up too soon....?

    every best
    gm.m

    ReplyDelete
  2. George,

    Entrance round back, but they are closing for five days coming up soon so worth checking before you leave.

    Thanks for kind words as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George!
    sorry i missed you when you came in the other day i was a bit sad that mum only told me after you had left but,she was right i havent been well for a while and i have to have a blood test tomorow to rule out some gland thing.
    Im not as brave as you are i hate needles but the good news is i miss the first hour of school,possably another if i dont look the other way when the nurse attacts me ! i hope the patches are doing there job by now and the pain has calmed down or even better gone away all together.
    big hugs
    Danielle xxx
    p.s i have to get back to my recyling ILP thanks to you george i have the info at the touch of a button keep yur chin up ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. John says we passed in our cars yesterday when we were on our way back from a few days away. Sorry I didn't wave but I didn't see you.
    Hope the leg is a bit more comfortable now.
    love Bren x

    ReplyDelete