Thursday 21 May 2009

Back from holiday - straight into chemotherapy

Following a great week in Majorca with eight friends from the village, I've started an eighteen week course of chemotherapy (six sessions three weeks apart).

Each session takes place at home, which is much nicer than having to travel. The process lasts four days; a blood test on the first day; an eight hour infusion on day 2; a 2 hour infusion on day 3; and an injection to boost my white blood cell count on day 4. I won't bore you with the side-effects, except to say that I'll be avoiding anyone with colds, swine flu, or indeed anything vaguely infectious for the duration of the treatment. Oh, and hair thinning, difficulty in remembering - now what was it? - oh yes, words:-), hiccups, and kidney failure...

I think this will do for a first post. I'll add more stuff as time goes on. Let me know what you want to know, and even more what you don't want to hear if you are at all squeamish!

6 comments:

  1. Hi George
    I will read as much as you care to share.
    Please do let us know if you don't want to be contacted for a while at any stage in proceedings.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the holiday.
    Did you know you look more like Auntie Doris as you get older?!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dad,
    glad the holiday was so enjoyable, Hayley is on her way down so we're going to try and make the most of the weather together hope your well enough this weekend to do the same. say hi to Chris for me,
    lots of love
    Theo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Folk have emailed saying that they are unable to add comments, which is the last thing that I want! Keep the abuse coming, please!

    To add a comment you can need to select from the drop-down box and select either Google, if you have a Google/Gmail address, or Anonymous. If you use the latter please put your name in the comment text, or I really won't know who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a greatful customer saying "thank you" for doing my Kaspersky for me (and so quickly)
    I am now going to TRY to send this message.
    I have read your latest blog and wonder how you have time for woking on all the PC.s when you have to take so many meedications.
    Would you like me to take some for you?????!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent this blog address to Pat (I thought) then realised I had sent it to you. What is called a "senior moment"????
    This will be anom. again. Can't seem to send it Google.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope today is a better day than yesterday.
    Bren x

    ReplyDelete